Commercial Licenses

If your business will be located in a commercial zone, it is advisable that you contact the planning and zoning department for specific zoning requirements and restrictions prior to signing a lease or filing a license application.

***To submit Commercial License Applications via 

EMAIL choose application from related documents, 

  • Fill out required fields
  • Click email link above
  • Attach your filled out application
  • A Business License Technician will review and email/call if they have questions
  • An invoice will then be generated and sent to you via email 

Please note to obtain a license with Ogden City a payment must be made.  The following options to pay for your license are available:

  •  Call Business Licensing at 801-629-8687 to pay via credit card
  •  Mail in your check to 2549 Washington Blvd Suite 240 Ogden UT 84401
  •  Visit the Business Licensing Offices at 2549 Washington Blvd Suite 240 Ogden, UT 84401

The following are the steps to complete before submitting an application.

Planning / Zoning

Contact your local zoning office to ensure that your business location is properly zoned that will allow your business be there. The office is located at:

Zoning Office

2549 Washington Boulevard, Suite 240 

Ogden, UT 84401

Phone:801-629-8922 or 801-629-8930

Registration of a Business Name

All entities doing business in Utah under an assumed business name must register with the State of Utah, Department of Commerce. If you are using your own name as your business name it will not need to be registered. A filing fee is charged based upon the type of organization. The Department of Commerce is located at:

State of Utah Department of Commerce

160 East 300 South

Salt Lake City, 84111

Phone: 801-530-4849 Toll free (in state only): 800-721-7233


State Tax Information

Most businesses are required to collect and remit sales tax for goods (and some services) they provide to consumers. For information related to income tax, sales and use taxes, and other applicable state taxes as well as information concerning applications for a state tax number may be obtained from the Utah State Tax Commission. The Utah State Tax Commission is located at:

Utah State Commission

2540 Washington Boulevard

6th Floor

Ogden, UT 84401



Weber-Morgan Health Services

Contact the Health Department for information if you will be running a business that has food services. Please contact Weber-Morgan Health Services at:

Weber-Morgan Health Services

Environmental Health

477 23rd Street

Ogden, UT 84401

Phone: 801-399-7160


State Professional License

Under certain circumstances, a special State license (DOPL) may be required for your business. Usually, only professionals need a state business license, i.e. CPA's, cosmetologist, contractors etc. Contact the State Professional License at:

State Professional License

P.O. Box 146741

Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Phone: 801-530-6628



Contact the State if you will be conducting a business that involves bakeries, convenience stores, grocery stores, or the application of pesticides. Please contact the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food at:

Utah Department of Agriculture and Food

350 N Redwood Road

Salt Lake City, UT 84114

Phone: 801-538-7100


Utah Highway Patrol - Safety

Contact Utah Highway Patrol if you will be running a business that will be conducting testing of safety for a motor vehicle. Please contact the Utah Highway Patrol at:

Utah Highway Patrol

5500 W Amelia Earhart Dr. Number 3

Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Phone: 801-965-4889


Weber County Emissions

Contact Weber County if you will be running a business that will conduct the testing of emissions for a motor vehicle. Please contact Weber County Emissions at:

477 23rd Street

Ogden, UT 84401

Phone: 801-399-7140


Utah State Child Care

Contact the State Office of Licensing if you plan on opening a child care/day care center at your home or in a commercial location. Please contact the State Office of Licensing at:

State Office of Licensing

3760 S Highland Drive

Number 247

Salt Lake City, UT 84106

Phone: 801-273-6617

Toll Free: 888-287-3704