Ogden City Flag Design Contest
Help shape Ogden’s future! We are looking for your design ideas for a new flag that represents the history, culture, and community of Ogden. All submitted designs will be reviewed by the Ogden City Flag Design Selection Committee, which will choose finalists. The top designs will be presented to the City Council for a final decision. The official entry form is located at the bottom of this page.
Please consider the following principles while designing your flag:
- Keep your design simple. A child should be able to draw it from memory. Avoid designs that are too complicated and busy.
- Images and colors should contain meaningful symbolism. The design in some way should relate to Ogden.
- Use no more than three basic colors.
- Avoid lettering or seals.
- Be distinctive with your design. Ogden’s flag should stand out and be recognizable.
Flag designs should also be iconic. This should be a flag that any Ogdenite would want to wave in front of their home or business. To get an idea of what constitutes a good flag, please visit https://nava.org/good-flag-bad-flag.
- Entries are not limited to Ogden residents. Anyone may participate.
- Submitted designs should be in 3x5 proportions. Acceptable file formats include jpg, png, or pdf.
- Submissions must include the applicant’s name, contact information, and a summary of the symbolism used in the design.
- Designs should not be plagiarized.
- Each participant may submit up to three flag designs.
All designs must be submitted no later than July 15, 2022, with the design expected to be determined sometime in the Fall of 2022.
The individual with the winning design will receive a $1,000 cash prize.