Everything You Need to Know about the 2020 Christmas Village
Good news! Christmas Village will light up downtown Ogden Municipal Gardens (353 E 25th Street) beginning November 27, 2020, through January 1, 2021, but it will be slightly different this year.
Christmas lights will still glow in the Village, Gardens, and Cottages, but many of the regular attractions will be postponed until next year.
The theme for 2020 is “Gnome For The Holidays.” Hoodies will be sold at the Ogden Municipal Building - 2549 Washington Blvd on the 2nd Floor at the Cashiers Desk and at the Ogden Union Station Gift Shop – 2501 Wall Avenue, when Christmas Village opens on November 27, hoodies can be purchased at The Corner, located on the corner of 25th Street and Washington Blvd, Ogden.
This year’s Honorary Mayors for Christmas Village are Jeffrey and Beth Furton, owners of Daily Rise Coffee. If you get an opportunity, swing by Daily Rise Coffee, and thank them for their years of contributions to the Christmas Village. They have even created a special drink they will offer all of December called the “Christmas Village.” The Furton’s will be recognized at a City Council meeting on November 27, 2020, and that day will be proclaimed as Jeffrey and Beth Furton Day in Ogden City.
We want everyone to have a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season. To keep our community and visitors safe, we ask that you follow these guidelines when visiting Christmas Village:
- Wear a mask or face covering at all times
- Maintain 6’ social distance from other households/groups
- Do not touch the cottages or other areas
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently, especially before and after visiting Christmas Village
We have also CANCELED the following attractions this year, but hope to have them (and new ideas) for 2021:
- Holiday Electric Light Parade
- Opening Gala
- Firework Show
- Visits with Santa in his castle
- Mrs. Claus tours.
- “I Spy” game in the cottages
- Entertainment on the stage
- Reindeer appearances
- Train Rides
- Breakfast with Santa
- Hot Chocolate – The Ogden Breakfast Exchange Club has been providing hot chocolate to the visitors of Christmas Village for the past 43 years. Each year, Shoes for Tots benefits from the sales of the hot chocolate.
We encourage anyone who can to donate to Shoes for Tots. They provide shoes to the Ogden/Weber Schoolchildren. Any amount is appreciated. Go to www.ogdenbex.org click on the Donate Button on the Home page. Thank you, Ogden, for your continued support of the fundraiser!
- Please note, too, that Christmas Village will have slightly fewer cottages this year.
The Christmas Village will work with local artists to record holiday songs to be played as you stroll through the Municipal Gardens. Ogden City Arts, Culture & Events is partnering with Ogden Downtown Alliance to facilitate the recordings. If you are interested, please sign up at the following link https://www.ogdencity.com/853/Opportunities-for-Musicians.
Pictures posted on social media are encouraged to be tagged as:
More information about Christmas Village can be found at the Ogden City website or by following Ogden’s Christmas Village on Facebook.