Info for the General Public
Snow on the Sidewalks
Clearing Snow from Private Property
It is unlawful to place snow removed from private property into the public way. Put plainly, it is illegal to shovel, push or snowblow ice or snow into the street or sidewalk from a driveway or other private property location. Those doing so are at risk of being cited. See Ogden City Code 7-2-8 for more detail
Where are the Snow Plows?
State Roads, City Streets and Private Streets are all cleared by different plows. Please see the map on the City & State Roads page to determine who owns the road you are inquiring about.
- State Roads are plowed and maintained by UDOT
- City Streets are plowed and maintained by Ogden City Public Services
- Private Streets and Lanes are usually maintained by a private plow service contracted by the owner.
Ogden City crews will clear snow from priority roads first. Priority roads include:
- Routes leading to Hospitals
- Routes leading to Schools
- City-maintained heavily traveled roads
- Slick hills and dangerous curves
When those areas are cleared, side streets are completed.
City workers try to have all roads cleared within 15 hours unless the storm is prolonged. Then, priority roads take precedence and other streets (residential and dead-end streets) will be cleared when conditions allow.